sequence identity

It would be very nice to have sequence identities and other parameters that are placed in tables
above or below a diagonal in the log file also be capable of being written in a square matrix format
like they are for the .mat files that you offer for PHYLIP inputs.  I often want to calculate
averages, or make dendrograms for parameters that are not output to mat files.  It takes a
lot of time to reformat so for example i can get a calculation by excel.  I do not have any
other good way to calculate % identity for a lot of sequences.

Tim Springer