Sequence file problem

Hello MODELLERs,

I am new to MODELLER and would like to know if there is an easy way to
accomplish this task.  I have a raw sequence that I want to align with my
3D structural alignment that contains nine sequences.
First, it seems like my raw sequence should be formatted so that MODELLER
can read it. Since this is just a sequence with no corresponding structure
shouldn't the second line of the sequence file just be:

sequence:

It seems strange to me that in the manual all the examples of sequences
have a corresponding PDB code when the point of homology modelling is to
create the model hence no PDB code.  Or for this do I just make one up?

If the sequence file for the target is then correct can I do the
following:

READ_ALIGNMENT FILE = 'structures3d.ali', ALIGN_CODES = 'all' # my 3D
# structural alignment for nine structures

SET ADD_SEQUENCE = on, ALIGN_BLOCK = NUMB_OF_SEQUENCES

READ_ALIGNMENT FILE = 'sequence.ali', ALIGN_CODES = 'all' # my target
# sequence

SET OVERHANG = 0
ALIGN2D GAP_PENALTIES_1D= -400 -150, GAP_PENALTIES_2D = 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5
0.5 6

Any advice would be much appreciated.  General strategies that accomplish
the same basic task but don't address my specific problem are also
welcome.

Troy Wymore
Biomedical Initiatives Group
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center