Re: [modeller_usage] How to get various conformar for a modelled protein?

On Monday 12 April 2004 22:57, Luis Rosales wrote:
> To analyze possible conformers avalible to your model, you can run a
> molecular dynamics simulation with implicit or explicit solvent. On the
> latter case you first add a water shell to your model and minimize just the
> water shell, and after that you minimize the water-protein assambly.
> Finally you run a looooooooong dynamic, sample conformations at regular
> intervals of the simulation and voila!! You now have several conformers of
> your model!!

In fact, given Luis Rosales suggestion to do "a looooooooong molecular
dynamics", you could use normal mode analysis as a fast tool to obtain
different conformations of your protein. Our NMA web server ElNemo

  http://igs-server.cnrs-mrs.fr/elnemo/

allows you to generate normal mode perturbed states of your protein (i.e. look
ate the "example" page). We have shown this to be a way to solve difficult
molecular replacement problems in X-ray crystallography (if that is what you
need the models for).

Kind regards, Karsten.