Re: Other STACK PROBLEMS and Re: [modeller_usage] Modeller 7v7 Stack problems, tried EVERYTHING!!!!

Carlos Luiz N. dos SANTOS wrote:
I follow by so near this question and answers because I have the same error message.

I do the download of "Updated Windows binary" and I have the same problem of STACK OVERFLOW.

The output you post does not contain a stack overflow error message; this is a different problem.

I find an information at the FAQ messages that there are a Modeller's Variable called "MAXRES". I follow this suggestion from an modeller user: SET MAXRES=5000, and I did not get sucessful!!!

What error message do you see when you do that?

        SET MAXRES  = 50000000

Did you try anything inbetween 5000 and 50000000? The latter is far too large.

I have no 'stack overflow' error message but I have '_E> modeller error message (se the log file above)

Just as the error message says, it's failed to allocate memory. This is because you've asked for far too much memory! Before it gave up, it had tried to allocate 2 gigabytes already...

Set MAXRES to something smaller. That value is too large.