[modeller_usage] RE: How many models to generate?

 Hello Charlotte Habegger-Polomat,

 I am not an expert modeller user, but what I can  "share" about it?
I think the number of models generated depends on available time and computational power you have to carry it. I usually generate between 100 and 200, and select that model with the lowest "current energy".
Probably somebody could discuss it better, anyway, I tried ;)

Frederico Arnoldi
UNESP - Rio Claro - Brazil

Dear Modeller users,

I was wondering if others would share how many structures you usually
generate for a family of models.

I am currently working on modelling my protein of interest with 3 known
template structures (>30% sequence similarity). When using Modeller, I
generate a family of 20 models and then evaluate the variability and
quality of models within the family.

How many do other Modeller users generate?

How do you decide on this number?

I've read articles where 3 models, others where 30 models were generated
with Modeller...

Thanks!

-Charlotte Habegger-Polomat