Re: [modeller_usage] Model a Tetramer from a Dimer

Yun He wrote:
I have read some interesting threads about how to build a multi-chain model, but these questions are usually focused on building from templates with the same number of chains. Here is my question, how could I build a tetramer from a dimer, if any chain of this tetramer is similar to the chain of that dimer.

If you only have a dimer, then Modeller cannot build a tetramer model, since it doesn't have any information on how the chains interact with each other. Modeller is not a docking program - you would need to dock your two dimers together first to make a tetramer. Alternatively, you could add manual distance restraints to your system to try and pull the chains together in the right way, but it would be tricky to do correctly.