Re: [modeller_usage] Modelling Query

Ben,

I truly admire your patience in answering the same question, but wouldn't it be easier to put few lines in mod9v7 script saying that if "import site failed" message appears below it should not be considered an error? It would save lots of initial frustration to beginners and also some internet bandwidth.

Just my 2c.

At 11:42 AM 6/25/2009, you wrote:
Cool Hunk wrote:
> Thank you so much for the instant response, i have understood what you
> have told, but following is the error messege i get when i use the
> command "mod9v7 model.py"
>
>  *mod9v7 evaluate_model.py
> Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
> Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
> Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
> 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback*

That's not an error; see http://salilab.org/modeller/release.html#issues

| Mensur Dlakic, PhD                | Tel: (406) 994-6576                |
| Department of Microbiology        | Fax: (406) 994-4926                |
| Montana State University          |                                    |
| 109 Lewis Hall, P.O. Box 173520   | http://myprofile.cos.com/mensur    |
| Bozeman, MT 59717-3520            | E-mail:         |