From: Modeller Caretaker <>
Sent: 22 February 2019 11:18
To: dms305;
Subject: Re: [modeller_usage] Crash in libmodeller.dll using PDB 6G2J

On 2/20/19 7:35 PM, dms305 wrote:
> Thanks for getting back to me. Please find attached a zip containing
> three files: the script representing a minimum reproducible example
> using this PDB, the PDB itself and the modeller output from the
> script.
> I don't think this is a memory issue as Jonathan suggested - I'm not
> seeing any evidence for this on my system.

Thanks! I see the problem, and it's fixed now - will be in the next
release. Jonathan was sort of right, in that due to the large size of
the model here, you hit a memory limit - but this is an internal
Modeller limit (the stack size), not the total memory on your machine.
(The offending arrays are now dynamically allocated to avoid exhausting
the stack.)

As a workaround for now, you can run this calculation on a Linux or Mac
machine - only Windows is affected in this instance.

             https://salilab.org/modeller/