Re: [modeller_usage] Problem modeling B-sheet

On 7/19/19 9:34 AM, oivalf_nix--- via modeller_usage wrote:
I am trying to model a protein that has a C-terminal region without
template match. However, the secondary structure prediction strongly
suggests that part of this terminal region forms a beta-strand
(residues 125 to 128). I am trying to generate an antiparallel beta
sheet from this terminal segment, bonding with a pre-existing beta
strand (residues 79-82). However, the generated model does not answer
this command, being equal to the model generated without the
command.

Could you point out what I am doing wrong?

Define your custom restraints by overriding the special_restraints() method, not special_patches().

Note also that Modeller's beta restraints are just additional terms in the scoring function, and it tries to satisfy all terms. So if you have conflicting information (e.g. an aligned template, steric clashes, etc.) you won't get a "perfect" sheet.

             https://salilab.org/modeller/