Re: [modeller_usage] Homology modeling with low sequence identity and missing loops in template

On 9/2/19 4:00 PM, Ahmad Khalifa wrote:
I have two sequences with low sequence identity and I get an alignment in modeller different than clustalW, which also differs from when I use emboss matcher.

This is unsurprising, since different algorithms are likely being used here to make these alignments.

I also have a missing segment in my template, I want the final model to have the corresponding segments and the gaps unmodeled, same as the template.

If you don't want part of the sequence in the model, exclude it from your alignment. Modeller only models the sequence you give it. You may need to add a chain break (/ character) to the alignment to prevent Modeller from trying to connect the residues on either side of the gap with a peptide bond.

             https://salilab.org/modeller/