Re: [modeller_usage] Integrate X-ray structure with missing domains using templates

On 2/25/20 2:33 PM, Stefano Motta wrote:
Thanks for your answer. Do you mean that I should remove the 4 domains present in the X-ray of my target protein from the homologous template?

No. As you discovered you'll lose information that way. I would just align the two templates together and go from there.

I thought a good idea would be to use as input model (inifile) the X-ray structure of my target protein

That won't work (as you saw) since the inifile has to have exactly the same sequence as the final model.

             https://salilab.org/modeller/