Re: [modeller_usage] Threading sequence onto template with missing residues

On 5/4/20 6:56 AM, Ahmad Khalifa wrote:
I have a template with lots of missing residues. I want to thread my target sequence onto the aligned parts of the template that are present without moving my target structure in these areas.

This is the default Modeller behavior when constructing the initial model (*.ini file).

In my target sequence, I also wish to know how to skip modeling the missing parts altogether, thus making the job a mere threading of aligned unknown regions onto the known ones.

To do that, override automodel.select_atoms as per
https://salilab.org/modeller/9.24/manual/node23.html
and select only the aligned residues. If you want to automate it, look at model.get_insertions() at
https://salilab.org/modeller/9.24/manual/node176.html

             https://salilab.org/modeller/