Re: [modeller_usage] Use modeller inside class method - called from an ThreadPoolExecutor

On 5/7/20 10:16 AM, Pedro Guillem wrote:
When I try to do this, it seems that modeller is being executed in the first call and sharing its state with all subsequent calls... so I get like 90 models (not 1000) written in whatever state modeller was when running the other instances.

What do you mean by "state" in this case?

How can I force a class method to use its own modeller instance?.

If you want a separate copy of Modeller, you'd need to use processes rather than threads. But I don't know why you'd want to do that. Building a model from sequence is pretty fast so you'd probably lose more in startup overhead if you do that. Most likely the most expensive part is reading top_heav.lib and par.lib, so I would just do that once and then use the same environ object for every sequence.

             https://salilab.org/modeller/