Re: [modeller_usage] z-DOPE score

On 6/18/20 9:48 AM, Mariana GONZALEZ MEDINA wrote:
I have a question regarding the zDOPE score. I have read some paper that state this: "The Z-DOPE scores ranged from −1.63 to −1.85, where a score of less than −1 indicates a “reliable” model (i.e., 80% of its Cα atoms are within 3.5 Å of their correct positions)"

I am wondering how is it that a score of less than -1 indicates that 80% of its Cα atoms are within 3.5 Å of their correct positions?

I would say "implies" rather than "indicates". DOPE is a model evaluation function. Of course we don't know the true structure so we can only guess with some degree of confidence (the more negative the score, the more confident I would be) whether a good DOPE score really means a correct model. Benchmarking does show that this is typically the case though; see the DOPE paper.

             https://salilab.org/modeller/