Re: [modeller_usage] Query regarding the modelling of a particular set of residues in a protein

On 10/26/20 4:02 AM, Sruthi Sudhakar wrote:
I would like to know if it is possible to model just this residue 700-900 with respect to my template to get it into the active form.

Sure, just include only the 700-900 sequence in your alignment for the target (model) and align it with the relevant section of your template.

If yes, should I use the whole protein template or the region corresponding to the one which I want to model in my target protein?

Whichever works best for you. You can include the whole template if you like and just align it with gaps (-) in the target sequence in regions where you don't want to use it in the model (i.e. residues 1-699, 901-1200). Or read only residues 700-900 from the template and align just that with your model.

Also after modelling this residues, How could I combine this back to the rest of the target protein.

If the rest of the protein is disordered, there is little point in modeling it.

             https://salilab.org/modeller/