Re: [modeller_usage] modeling two chains while preserving their structural orientation wrt each other

Thanks Ben,
It worked.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 11:55 AM Modeller Caretaker <">> wrote:
On 12/4/20 9:08 AM, shivu shiv wrote:
> I am working on modeling a protein with two chains (heterodimer).
> I have used two separate pdb files for each chain and oriented the two
> template structures appropriately before the modeling.
> Modeller is able to model both the chains, however not preserving the
> orientation of both the chains.

If you are confident of this orientation, put the two chains in a single
PDB file, as is done in the example in the manual:
https://salilab.org/modeller/9.25/manual/node29.html

Modeller extracts internal distance restraints from each template
separately, so if your two chains are two separate templates, there will
be no inter-chain restraints.

" target="_blank">             https://salilab.org/modeller/