Re: [modeller_usage] can I add ambiguous restraints to modeller

Hello Li,

Oops, I forgot that Modeller's secondary structure restraints actually create a whole set of low-level restraints (on angles, distances, etc), and tweaking their individual strength is not possible.

Still, having several overlapping restraints (e.g. on residues 1...20 and 5...15) should make the restraint on 5...15 stronger, although the tail regions will also be helical if nothing is conflicting with the 1...20 restraint.

Hope this helps,

Eugene