Re: [modeller_usage] Is occupancy value in the PDB considered for MODELLER?

On 5/15/21 9:42 AM, ZHANG Cheng wrote:
Hi Ben, thank you for the confirmation. But since occupancy is not used in modelling, I can simply consider it as not relevant?

Right. But don't take my word for it! This is easy to test by just changing the occupancy for some atoms in your template, rerunning the modeling, then comparing the output models.

i.e. the occupancy value will not affect the result?

It won't affect the coordinates at all, but any model atom that's aligned with an atom in your template will have the same occupancy value as in the template (any non-aligned atoms will get occupancy 1.0).

             https://salilab.org/modeller/