Re: modelling of small peptide

Hello Violet,

I do not know if you tried to use a template or not for your
pentapeptide modeling. In case not, the set deviation only sets the
starting model atoms at a different random position, then typical angle/
dihedral angle preferences, as derived from statistics, will dominate
your model building: likely to produce some kind of extended
conformation, because that is the one that avoids the best any spatial
conflict. If there is a template, then additionally, there are distance
and angle dih angel preferences derived from the template. They will
dominate your final conformation, the "set deviation" will introduce
only small perturbations into your final model.

for a pentapeptide 1.7  A RMS is pretty large, I think it is essentially
a random sampling within some reasonable perimeter.

Andras

--
    ,
Andras Fiser, PhD            # phone: (212) 327 7216