Re: [modeller_usage] Command not found, no module named 'modeller' errors

On 5/28/20 6:03 PM, Xiao Ran Luo via modeller_usage wrote:
I just downloaded version 9.24 of Modeller onto by macOS version 10.14.1 using Homebrew, but when I try to run the first few lines of the basic tutorial, I get a lot of "command not found":

Luos-Air:~ luoxiaoran$ >P1;TvLDH

This is an alignment file. You're supposed to save this (using a text editor) not "run" it at the terminal. I suggest you find and work through a tutorial on using the terminal before you proceed.

Then when I try to do this (I am not sure what it is supposed to do, but have been guaranteed that it works) I get:

Luos-Air:~ luoxiaoran$ cd /users/luoxiaoran/Documents/modAb101

This will change your current working directory.

Luos-Air:modAb101 luoxiaoran$ python3 modelAb101.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "modelAb101.py", line 2, in <module>

from modeller import *# Load standard Modeller classes

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'modeller'

Either something is broken in your Homebrew installation, or you have a mismatch between the Homebrew Python and Apple's Python. Reading the rest of your email though, it sounds like you may have seriously damaged your operating system (you should not be deleting the Python framework). You should probably reinstall the OS before you proceed.

             https://salilab.org/modeller/