Re: [modeller_usage] Socket modules and Chimera

On 8/29/20 6:17 PM, Casey Becker via modeller_usage wrote:
I'm working with parallel jobs, and I can run them fine directly through IDLE, but when I try to run them through Chimera, I get an error that I lack the socket module necessary to make them work

You're using the mod9.24 binary. That won't work:
https://salilab.org/modeller/FAQ.html#19

If you can have Chimera run Modeller using python.exe rather than mod9.24.exe it should work - in principle just putting in the full path to python.exe as the "Modeller executable" in Chimera's settings - but you'll need to work with the Chimera folks there.

             https://salilab.org/modeller/