Re: [modeller_usage] Adding glycans in AutoModel?

On 3/19/21 9:33 AM, Steven Truong wrote:
I was hoping to ask if there is a way to automate glycan-building in Modeller.  I’ve been able to get all residues/atoms built using AutoModel.  However, I lose the glycan information when using AutoModel.  Is there another program that interfaces well with Modeller, or is there a class in Modeller that can add glycans at known positions (e.g. if I know NAG is attached to residue 6, can I add that to the PDB output somehow?).

To do this you would need to
1. Add residues for each sugar.
2. Add bonds between your glycoslyated residues and sugar residues, and perhaps also between sugars.

You would need a fairly good understanding of CHARMM topology files, including patch residues. See for example https://salilab.org/modeller/FAQ.html#8 and https://salilab.org/modeller/FAQ.html#9

There is no recipe out of the box to do this in Modeller, but AllosMod can do it. See https://modbase.compbio.ucsf.edu/allosmod/help.cgi?type=glyc

You are certainly welcome to use the AllosMod CHARMM topology file and the Python code it uses to generate AutoModel inputs. See https://github.com/salilab/allosmod-lib/blob/main/data/top_all_glyco.lib and https://github.com/salilab/allosmod-lib/blob/main/lib/allosmod/get_pm_glyc.py respectively.

             https://salilab.org/modeller/