From: Modeller Caretaker
Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2020 1:33 AM
To: Brian Wiley ;
Subject: Re: [modeller_usage] Change ROOT_NAME for automodel.make()

On 8/7/20 2:21 PM, Brian Wiley wrote:
> a = automodel(env,
>                alnfile = 'TSC2_6ssh.ali',
>                knowns = ('6ssh'),
>                sequence = 'TSC2_HUMAN')
>
> a.make() # Here I want the prefix to be 'TSC2_6ssh' and not
> 'TSC2_HUMAN'  so all files and pdb file at end would be
> TSC2_6ssh.B99990001.pdb

automodel is written under the assumption that files are named for the sequence. If you want to name the output PDB files differently, that's straightforward; just override get_model_filename() as per https://salilab.org/modeller/9.24/manual/node76.html

If you want to name the other output files differently, there isn't currently a mechanism for that, but it would be easy enough to modify the Python code to do so.

             https://salilab.org/modeller/